Parting words



Parting words
That's a small excerpt from an email exchange I recently had with a friend of mine, who has worked with some of the fashion world's most critically-adored names. We had been writing each other back and forth about the Milan collections and her opinion really got me thinking about the disparity between what is shown on the runway and what we wear in real life. While many of the clothes were beautiful and inspired, I think Milan is the biggest example of this gap so far with its parade of looks that screamed "for magazine editorials only." But what makes a "good easy piece" anyway? My friend noted that many people make the mistake of equating it with basics from J.Crew. But easy, doesn't have to mean bland. For my friend, it's a wearable piece from Comme des Garçons. It can mean a number of things, depending on the woman you ask. But it's a topic I'd like to explore this week in Paris.


And as far as the remainder of my work trip in Milan goes, time and newspaper deadlines got the best of me. But thanks to countless cups of cappuccino (it's my weakness in Italy, I never drink coffee anywhere else) and glasses of fresh squeezed blood orange juice, I was able to do it all, and not get sick! I hope to be able to take more breaks in Paris to keep you up to speed on the cool things I encounter.

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

Related Posts with Thumbnails